If you are served with a tax foreclosure, you should pay any delinquent taxes before penalties and interest begin to accrue, as outlined in FAQ [Should I pay real estate taxes on a property in foreclosure?]. You may determine the amount that needs to be paid by contacting the Auditor’s office in the county in which the property is located. You should also forward a copy of the complaint for tax foreclosure immediately to your attorney’s office so that your attorney may file an answer in the tax foreclosure case to protect your secured interest in the property.